Saturday, April 25, 2009

For Starters.......

Much by the suggestion of Mrs. Shauna Rogers was this blog created. For the sole purpose of capturing my daily ramblings about whatever and whoever may have crossed my path.

Today's topic: Home Depot

I love DIY projects. Something about owning a home really boosted that mentality. Today, I set out to find a few necessary things at the great Home Depot. On the shopping list; trimmer, grill cover, air filter and whatever else happened to find it's way into my car, magically of course. Trimmers are hard to shop for, too much to factor in! Do I want electric or gas? Do I need an extendable handle? Red or orange? In the end, I took home a gas trimmer that apparently doesn't work because both Chris and I tried to get it to start and it's a dud. The grill cover was successful. Air filter, well, I didn't know you were supposed to measure (I say may-sure, instead of meh-sure apparentely) the opening inside of the filter door instead of the size of the door it's self.

Tomorrow, I'll test out the stencils I got for the curb to repaint the house numbers. Green and yellow were my colors of choice. I figured all the beaver fans on my block would be jealous! :) Maybe next weekend I'll rent the tiller and create my little zen garden in the front yard that I've been planning in my head for the last month, while I should have been trying to fall asleep.

In a couple weeks, I'm going to host my "girls only demo" project for my shed in the backyard..... nothing sounds better than a bunch of chicks, taking out their aggression on a big piece of siding and then drinking beer and having pizza when it's over. Every woman is welcome! :) The more the merrier.

It seems as though now that the weather is getting nicer, I find myself spending more and more time in my hard and doing home projects than out shopping. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it's a complete shift in lifestyle! Me, doing work on the weekends??? Who woulda thought!

Website recommendation of the day: www.lemondropstudio.etsy.com

No comments: