Sunday, August 08, 2010

Movies

I'm usually not one to put out the money to see box office films at full price, but this Summer has got me changing my ways! Typically, my hubby and I will watch our "penny saver" type ad that comes in our mail for a BOGO coupon to a fun little joint that plays movies a month or two after they've hit the big screen and they serve dinner and it's only $3.00/person. It's cheaper, it's less crowded and we still get to see movies on the big screen!

So far this Summer I've felt compelled to skip the cheap seats and go for the real thing. As soon as the previews for Inception started playing on t.v., my hubby said "WE HAVE TO GO SEE THAT". He knew it'd be the highlight of his movie going season. I figured, sure, why not. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is pretty easy on the eyes, I'm a big fan of Ellen Page and who wouldn't want to see a movie about the mind blowing concept of taking over someone else's dream???? So I agreed.

Definately a must see if you haven't gone already! We're still talking about that movie, a month after seeing it.

Skip ahead a week to when I got my hubby to agree to go see Twilight: Eclipse with me. Neither of us were really into the books or the movies for that matter. Yes, we'd rent them when they came out at redbox but never sat for hours, waiting to see the midnight showing the day it was released in the theatre. I'm not a big fan of vampire movies, or zombie movies or any movies for that matter that involve completely unrealistic sci-fi. Just not my thing. But, who can resist hot dudes with abs and no shirts on half the movie? Yea, not me! :) Plus, apparently guys think that Kristen Stewart is hot (I certainly don't see it). So, we forked out the cash to see that too. I'd hardly call it breaking the bank though, as we signed up for www.weeklycinema.com and scored a free movie ticket and 3 movie tickets for $15 total. Great deal. Go see for yourself!

He was pleased with Inception, I had a good time at Eclipse. All is well with the world of cinema!

Today I went out with some girlfriends from work to check out Step Up 3 (minus the 3d.... too spendy!). I'm a sucker for dance movies. Something about people who can move their bodies in ways that I never knew were possible.... gets me every time! Although I'm still a fan of the first one (who wouldn't be when Channing Tatum is in it!) the sequal was pretty decent and the 3rd one wasn't horrible. Not a movie I'd encourage anyone to go rush out and see, but, if you're into that sort of thing, go for it!

Whats next on the must see list for the Summer - while there's still a little summer left?
I think I'm going to be a complete sap and go see Charlie St. Cloud with some chick friends. That movie was made for poor- love a feel good love story - cry when any man cries- girls like me! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

No comments: